Shota was a masculine boy with medium toned skin. He had dirty blonde hair somewhat pointed up and brown eyes. He wore a school uniform along with few accessories, such as chain necklaces, rings, etc.
Shota was a mentaly ill, perverted and foolish boy with bad intentions.
As a result, he was a bully at school, and he was hated and despised by most students except from Sarina Shizukume and her female friends.
- Ta means big.
- Judging by the color of his hair, Shota probably was half-japanese (by his father's side) and half-american (by his mother's side).
- This is because the Japanese have to have a Japanese parent and a foreign parent to be blond.
- Shota Arai and Erika Kaijima were the first two people to be killed with a magical girl stick by Aya Asagiri.
- He tried to rape Aya Asagiri but was unsuccessful.
- However, as he was a delinquent that was originally hated and despised by other students, most students and female students except Sarina and Ai Kawano were extremely pleased that Shota and Erika died after being hit by a train, "Both of them were delinquents anyway, So are not they better off dead?".
- As a result, what Aya caused the teleportation of the stick might have led to good deeds in some ways for those who disliked Shota or Erika.
- His parents have never been seen or mentioned, but they will surely have been devastated by their son's death.
- It is implied that the Arai spouses were not acquainted of their son's cruel and sadistic nature.
- In the Chapter 137, It has been shown that due to the fact that Aya has gone back in time by saving the herself of the past to prevent her from becoming a magical girl, she have never used her stick.
- As a result, Shota never tried to rape Aya, and never having been hit by the stick, he never died after being hit by a train with Erika.