Mrs. Yatsumura was a white skin woman with shoulder-length light brown hair, and black eyes. She was mostly seen wearing her casual clothing.
Mrs. Yatsumura was a caring woman who loved her husband and adoptive daughter with whole heart.
At some point of her life, Mrs. Yatsumura married her future husband.
Mrs. Yatsumura and her husband adopted Tsuyuno and grew up her as if she were their daughter, the trio lived a happy and normal life.
Mrs. Yatsumura was first shown in Tsuyuno's memory of her adoptive parents, she, with her husband, was celebrating their adoptive daughter's birthday.
The next memory shows that she and her husband were brutally killed by a burglar named Soji Odano during a robbery.
She was pregnant at the time of her death, consequently, her unborn child also died.
- Mrs. Yatsumura's name and maiden surname was never revealed.
- The kanji for her married surname "Yatsumura" (奴村) can mean "slave" (奴) and "village" (村).
- She looked to be in her early 30s at the time of her death.
- It is likely that she and her husband had adopted Tsuyuno because they thought that they could not have children, until, a few years later she became pregnant with her first child.
- Unfortunately, she died before giving birth to her child, losing the chance to really become a mother.
- In the Chapter 136, Soji Odano was arrested because the police rushed in the Yatsumura family house from where she and her husband were attacked by Soji that he had sneaked into their house to steal.
- As a result; she, her husband and their unborn child were never killed, and to her adoptive daughter was avoided the destiny of becoming a magical girl.