Mr. Yatsumura had light brown hair. His clothing consists of white shirt and dark trousers.
Mr. Yatsumura was a caring man who loved his wife and adoptive daughter with whole heart.
In the new timeline created by Aya, he proves to be a protective and brave man, as when Soji arrived and he told to his adoptive daughter to hide in order to go and save his pregnant wife from the burglar.
At some point of his life, Mr. Yatsumura married his future wife.
Mr. Yatsumura and his wife adopted Tsuyuno and grew up her as if she were their daughter, the trio lived a happy and normal life.
Mr. Yatsumura was first shown in Tsuyuno's memory of her adoptive parents, he, with his wife, was celebrating their adoptive daughter's birthday.
The next memory shows that he and his wife were brutally killed by a burglar named Soji Odano during a robbery.
His wife was pregnant at the time, consequently, their unborn child also died.
- Mr. Yatsumura's name was never revealed.
- The kanji for his surname "Yatsumura" (奴村) can mean "slave" (奴) and "village" (村).
- He looked to be in his early 30s at the time of his death.
- It is likely that he and his wife had adopted Tsuyuno because they thought that they could not have children, until, years later, his wife became pregnant with their first child.
- Unfortunately, his wife died before giving birth to their child, losing the chance to really become a father.
- In the Chapter 136, Soji Odano was arrested because the police rushed in the Yatsumura family house from where him and his wife were attacked by Soji that he had sneaked into their house to steal.
- As a result; him, his wife and their unborn child were never killed, and to his adoptive daughter was avoided the destiny of becoming a magical girl.