Aya is a fair-skinned girl with shoulder-length black hair, her eyes are a mixture of pink and brown and she is usually seen wearing her school uniform.
When using her stick's powers, her eyes change to match the sticks Emblem so far they've changed into Hearts, the Letter Q, Roman Numeral IV, and the Minus - Symbol. When using her Sticks her hair Changes blood-red in the tips.
Aya was born shortly before midnight as the older of two female twins, with her twin sister.
Afterward, Aya and her sister were given up for adoption as their mother died during the childbirth, their father disappeared, and their relatives did not want to take custody of them.
As a result, Aya was adopted by Jirou Asagiri and Momoko Asagiri, a couple that had a son named Kaname Asagiri, who had opted for adoption after Momoko had a miscarriage and become sterile, after which she lived an unlucky and sad life.
Aya is bullied at school by three girls named Sarina Shizukume, Erika Kaijima and Ai Kawano where she gets tormented at home by Kaname as his "Human Stress Bag." This has been an everyday routine for her and she had even considered committing suicide daily.
Aya is a shy, weak and lonely girl who suffers from depression and is always thinking of ending her life, she gets scared or frightened easily. However, she has a warm personality, and an almost unnaturally kind disposition willingly putting up with her adoptive brother's daily abuse simply to keep him from collapsing mentally due to the severe physical abuse and high expectation put on him by her adoptive father and blamed herself rather than Sarina Shizukume for the bullying she suffered daily, she also does not hesitate to protect the ones she loves or cares for even if it means risking her life. This was shown when she gathered with the other Magical Girls, her friends and demanded they give her their Sticks in order for them to no longer be targeted by the Admins.
Aya's kindness is so great that when The King was defeated, Aya decided to go back in time to prevent the tragedies of all the people she loves, thus creating a new timeline without suffering, without magical girls, and without the Tempest.
Aya's Original Stick is a gun with the ability to teleport people instantly to places that have a strong impact on her or where she is thinking of by shooting them, but ever since the death of Tsuyuno Yatsumura, she now has the power to teleport/transfer memories and even life spans among people or even multiple individuals and can now even "exorcise" a Site Admins from their hosts and later during the destruction of the world, Aya gained another new ability to travel back in time, either by transferring her present consciousness into her past body or even outright teleport her entire body and soul into the past as well. When using her stick, blood flows from her eyes and her hair changes to blood-red in the tips, like highlights. Her Stick was given to her by Nana.
A box cutter that heals a person who drinks the blood of the user when they cut themselves with the box cutter Stick. She once used Kosame Amagai's stick to heal Kiyoharu Suirenji because she felt she was responsible for the injury of Kiyo. She has only borrowed this Stick and has always returned it to Kosame afterward.
A mechanical pencil where when you click the top, it creates a box of light that is immune to any attack, magic or physical. She once used Mikado Ikemata's stick when Aya was fighting Sarina Shizukume to protect her and Tsuyuno Yatsumura.
Electrical Discharge (Anime)
- The name Aya means "color" (彩).
- Aya's adoptive surname Asagiri means "morning" (朝) (asa) and "fog" (霧) (kiri/giri).
- Aya's stick is the first stick to be shown in the manga. She was also the first one in the manga to be shown using it.
- Aya's sexual orientation may be bisexual (but more attractive to girls) or lesbian (only attracted to girls), which was shown in the Chapter 54 when she kissed Tsuyuno Yatsumura (who is actually her biological sister).
- In theory, Aya is also Tsuyuno's older sister, since she was the first that came out of the maternal's womb.
- Despite being Tsuyuno's older sister, she is shorter than her.
- Aya suffers from insomnia.
- According to Tsuyuno, Aya has "a girly smell".
- Aya is the granddaughter of Kii Kogami, a character in Mahou Shoujo of the End.
- Aya and Kayo Komura have similar traits:
- They are both the main protagonists of each story.
- They both have a male character caring for them
- They both made a friend who they became closer as the story progresses
- Tsuyuno for Aya
- Sakura Sakaki for Kayo
- They both experienced an attempted rape:
- Aya was the victim of attempted rape
- Takuma was the victim of attempted rape
- In the manga, Aya's stick's ability is to teleport the target/s to a place where she has strong feelings or emotions. In the anime, Aya's stick's ability is to teleport the target/s to any place she thinks.
- In Spanish playing cards, a heart ♡ means clergy, which brings about the idea of salvation and redemption, which completely fits with Aya stick's abilities (mainly the hidden one) and personality traits.
- Aya's hobby includes reading.
- Aya likes animals, chocolate, fruit, plush animals and meat while she dislikes sports, conversation and to stand in front of people.
- The reason why Aya moved to another middle school was never explained.
- In the Chapter 86, Aya doesn't talk anymore after Tsuyuno's "death" and she only communicates via using Kiyoharu Suirenji's ability; Kiyo speaks for her, later she regained the ability to speak due to needing to in order to battle.
- Aya's birthday is on April 8, a day before Tsuyuno's birthday.
- Aya's zodiac sign is Aries, along with Tsuyuno, Sayuki Ringa and Kayo.