Akai is a fair-skinned boy with blonde hair. He's only been shown in his school uniform throughout the manga.
Akai is a cheerful, affectionate and very trustworthy boy and he care a lot about his ex-girlfriend, Tsurara Takahashi.
But, when the pornographic photos of Tsurara were exposed, he accused Tsurara of being a cheating slut, Tsurara tried to convince him otherwise, but he harshly kicked her and called her a whore instead in anger.
However, he and his classmates were scared and horrified of Tsurara's suicide when she jumped off the roof.
- His name was never revealed.
- Judging by the color of his hair, Akai probably is half-japanese (by his father's side) and half-american (by his mother's side).
- This is because the Japanese have to have a Japanese parent and a foreign parent to be blond.
- The kanji for his surname Akai (赤井) means Red (赤, aka) and Well (井, i).
- After Tsurara committed suicide, it is not clear what has become of him, perhaps, like Melissa Maina Mitsushiro, his classmates would come to blame him for her suicide.
- Many students witnessed the scene where he abuses Tsurara and called her a slut, as such they might assume that he is the reason for her suicide and begin bullying him for this.